Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Blueberry Pudding

Blueberry Pudding

Blueberry Pudding 

on Sun, Feb 19th, 2012

The blueberries from the farmers market near me have been outrageously good lately (I can’t seem to get enough!).  A few months ago I received a recipe for Berry “Yogurt” from Dr. Fuhrman’s daily recipe e-mail (I am a member of Dr. Fuhrman’s Member Center).  The recipe looked so simple and refreshing.  Somehow it has taken me months to get around to making this treat…a treat that literally took two minutes to make from start to finish.
Since blueberries have been so wonderful lately I decided to make this berry pudding with blueberries exclusively.  I wanted to go for more of a pudding consistency vs. yogurt and thus increased the flax meal to 4 Tbs. rather than 2Tbs.  The results were great!  Since my blueberries were sweet on their own, I did not add anything other than the dates.  If you tend to have a big sweet tooth, you may want to keep some stevia on hand in case you would like the pudding to be sweeter.  I recommend blending it as written below and tasting it prior to adding any additional sweetener.
 
 
INGREDIENTS
2 cups blueberries, washed
¾ cups So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Milk
4 Tbs. ground flax meal (I used Bob’s  Red Mill)
4 Medjool dates, pitted
 
Place all ingredients in your Vitamix (or blender) and blend for approximately 1 minute.
Chill before serving.


*Article link -  http://goodveg.squidoo.com/recipes/veggie-grettie/blueberry-pudding

*Credit - Thank you to Jeri Carr for sharing this recipe.



No comments:

Post a Comment